Posts for tag: dental crowns
Porcelain dental crowns can renew your smile’s appearance and functionality to give you the teeth you want and the confidence you deserve. Find out just what porcelain dental crowns can do for you with Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry with locations in Lexington Park and Gaithersburg, MD.
What can a porcelain dental crown do for me?
Dental crowns cover a tooth to provide it with protection and stability. Crowns are most often used after a dental procedure like a root canal. However, dentists can use a dental crown for a variety of other reasons, including:
- to stabilize a damaged tooth
- to improve the appearance of a tooth
- to cover a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- to anchor a dental bridge into place
- to protect a compromised tooth
The Porcelain Dental Crown Process in Lexington Park, MD, and Gaithersburg, MD
Your crowning process will usually take at least two dental appointments. At your first appointment, your dentist will prepare your tooth to receive the crown then take an impression of your mouth. A dental laboratory will create the crown based on the impression, a process which lasts about two weeks. After the crown is complete, you will have a second appointment with your dentist to fit and permanently place the crown.
For more information on porcelain dental crowns, please contact Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry with locations in Lexington Park and Gaithersburg, MD. Call (301) 737-4747 to schedule your appointment at the Lexington Park office or (301) 740-2686 to schedule your appointment at the Gaithersburg office today!
How dental crowns and bridges from your dentist in Gaithersburg, Maryland can improve your smile
Do you have an unattractive smile? Perhaps you have gaps where you used to have teeth? Or maybe your teeth have large, broken fillings from years ago? If so, you can rebuild your smile thanks to dental crowns and bridges. You deserve to have a smile that works well and gets noticed! Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry wants to help you rebuild your smile with crowns and bridges. He has two convenient office locations in Gaithersburg, and Lexington Park, Maryland to serve your dental needs.
Dental crowns are a great way to both protect teeth and enhance your smile:
- Modern, natural-looking materials like porcelain reflect light, so porcelain crowns look just like your natural teeth.
- In addition to full porcelain, you can also choose a porcelain-fused-to-metal or PFM crown. The combination of a metal support and porcelain provides both strength and beauty.
A dental crown covers the entire visible surface of your tooth, making your tooth resistant to breakage. That’s why dental crowns are such a great option for teeth that are already damaged or broken; a crown will prevent further damage. When you bite down or chew food, the biting force is spread out evenly over the entire surface of your tooth, reducing the impact.
Dental bridges are a great way to replace missing teeth and provide you with more biting and chewing surface to help you enjoy the foods you love. Great chewing function helps with digestion, which aids your general overall health. Unlike partial appliances, you never remove a bridge; you clean it along with your natural-teeth, making it a convenient option when compared to appliances. A bridge looks more natural than dental appliances too.
For more information about dental crowns and bridges, please visit the Crowns & Bridgework page on the website at http://www.fatemifamilydentistry.com/crowns-and-bridgework.html
You don’t have to put up with an unattractive, damaged smile. It’s time to restore and improve your smile with dental crowns and bridgework. Get started by calling Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry, with offices in Gaithersburg, and Lexington Park, Maryland. Call today!
Crowns and bridgework are two very common dental procedures which can help many people in various situations. Find out more about crowns and bridges with Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dental Care with locations in Lexington Park and Gaithersburg, MD.
When are crowns or bridgework needed?
- Crowns: This versatile dental restoration is helpful in various situations. Dentists often use crowns after a root canal to stabilize the large filling left behind in the tooth. While the filling material is strong and durable, a dental crown is an added layer of protection to the tooth’s natural structure. Crowns can also fall under the cosmetic facet of dentistry, improving the appearance of a misshapen or discolored tooth to better fit into your smile. In situations where a tooth is worn or damaged, a dental crown can restore its biting surface, improving the efficiency of eating and chewing.
- Bridgework: A dental bridge can replace a missing tooth by “bridging” the gap between the two healthy teeth on either side. Bridgework can be either removable or permanent, depending on your preference and your situation. Removable bridges use metal clasps on either side of a prosthetic tooth to hold the bridgework in place. A permanent bridge uses dental crowns on either side, anchoring onto the healthy teeth and remaining permanently in the mouth. Unlike other tooth replacement options like dental implants, bridges lie above the gumline and rest on its surface.
Crowns and Bridgework in Lexington Park and Gaithersburg
Crowns and bridges can benefit patients in many situations. However, your dentist is your best source of information on these restorations and whether they are right for you and your teeth. In some situations, other treatments may better suit your needs.
For more information on crowns and bridges in the Lexington Park and Gaithersburg, MD areas, please contact Dr. Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dental Care. Call (301) 737-4747 to schedule an appointment in Lexington Park, MD and (301) 740-2686 to schedule an appointment in Gaithersburg, MD today!