Posts for tag: veneers
How dental veneers from your dentist in Gaithersburg, Maryland can give you a perfect smile
There is a lot of information out there about dental veneers, but nothing can quite prepare you for how spectacular that they will look on you! Veneers can make an ordinary smile extraordinary by perfecting any present flaws. Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry offers veneers that will transform your smile into a work of art. With two convenient office locations in Gaithersburg and Lexington Park, MD, we can help your smile look its very best.
More about Veneers
It’s easy to think that your smile is past its prime. The truth is, no matter how old, stained, or imperfect your smile is, veneers can help. Dental veneers offer you the benefit of changing the size, color, and shape of your teeth. Dental veneers are the perfect choice to cover up aesthetic issues such as:
- Chipped, eroded teeth due to aging
- Worn-down teeth from bad habits
- Fracture lines and cracks from trauma
- Discolorations and blotches from medications
Dental veneers can even make gaps between your teeth less noticeable by filling in the empty space. They may also be able to hide tooth overlap so that your teeth can appear straighter. Dr. Fatemi will evaluate your smile in order to give you an idea of how your dental veneers will look after placement and what you can expect during treatment.
People choose dental veneers for many reasons. Consider that dental veneers offer:
- Naturally beautiful results, because veneer materials like porcelain reflect light, just like tooth enamel
- Quick treatment, because you can have a dramatically beautiful smile in just 2 to 3 appointments
- Long-lasting beauty, because porcelain resists staining, meaning that your veneers will stay dazzling
- Conservation of tooth structure, because little to no tooth structure is removed; just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers
You deserve a perfect smile that stands out, a smile people will remember. Remember, your smile is your trademark—make it great with dental veneers! To learn more about dental veneers and other cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental services, call Dr. Ali Fatemi at Fatemi Family Dentistry. For our Gaithersburg office, call (301) 740-2686, and for the Lexington Park location, call (301) 737-4747.
Dr. Ali Fatemi in Gaithersburg and Lexington Park, MD, knows his patients want to have better-looking smiles. For that reason, he suggests dental veneers.
Veneers are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged.
Here are some things veneers can help with:
- Stained teeth or discolored, due to poor hygiene, drinking coffee and tea, smoking, chewing tobacco or even antibiotics containing tetracycline.
- Mishappened teeth, which includes: crooked, worn or chipped teeth, irregularly shaped teeth, uneven surfaces and uneven spacing, like overcrowdedness.
When you come into the Gaithersburg and Lexington Park office, your doctor will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. Any underlying issues, like cavities, will need to be resolved first. Your dentist will remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth, then a model of your teeth will be sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
When your veneers finally arrive, the dentist will then cement the veneers. Because your dentist removes some enamel, which is an irreversible process, and because veneers are made out of thin porcelain or plastic, you won't feel like your teeth are protruding. On the contrary, they will feel smooth, even and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
In order to take proper care of your veneers, you need to brush twice a day and floss at least once before bed. It's important to prevent the buildup of plaque, which may result in cavities and other serious issues.
For more information on veneers, contact your dentist in Gaithersburg and Lexington Park, MD. Dr. Ali Fatemi will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!